Weber Classic Bacon Cheeseburger
WEBER GRILL RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 thin slices extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 crisp lettuce leaves
- 6 slices ripe tomato
- Ketchup, optional
- Mustard, optional
1. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer the bacon onto paper towels to drain.
2. Gently shape the ground chuck into six burgers of equal size and thickness (about 3/4 inch thick). Season both sides of the burgers with salt and pepper.
3. Grill over direct medium heat (350°F to 450°F), with the lid closed as much as possible, until the internal temperature reaches 160°F for medium, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Top each burger with a slice of cheese during the last minute or two of grilling time and allow the cheese to melt. During the last 30 seconds, grill the buns over direct medium heat until lightly toasted.
4. Serve the cheeseburgers hot on the toasted buns with a lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato, topped with a slice of the bacon. Serve with ketchup and mustard on the side, if desired.