Grilled Shrimp with Mexican Salsa....a nice Weber grill recipe to try !
- 12 tomatillos, husked and washed
- 1 ripe Haas avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 medium ripe tomato, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp (11-15 count), peeled and deveined
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Grill the tomatillos over direct high heat (450F to 550°F), with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are well marked and beginning to collapse, 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally. Place the tomatillos in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour the tomatillos into a medium bowl. Add the remaining salsa ingredients and mix well.
2. Lightly brush or spray the shrimp with oil. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and paprika. Grill over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the shrimp are firm to the touch and just turning opaque in the center, 2 to 4 minutes, turning once. Serve warm with the salsa.
The Weber grill recipe of shrimp Mexican salsa is ready to serve....Enjoy it !