- 1 cup dark Mexican beer, such as Negra Modelo
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 4 ounces each
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 flour or corn tortillas (6 to 7 inches)
1. In a small bowl whisk the marinade ingredients. Place the thighs in a large, plastic resealable bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place the bag in a bowl, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
2. Scoop the avocado flesh into a medium bowl. Add the lime juice and salt. Using a fork, mash the ingredients together. Cover with plastic wrap, placing it directly on the surface to prevent browning, and refrigerate until about 1 hour before serving.
3. Remove the thighs from the bag and discard the marinade. Grill over direct high heat (450°F to 550°F), with the lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is firm and the juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice. Cut the chicken into thin strips.
4. Warm the tortillas over direct medium heat (350°F to 450°F) for about 1 minute, turning once. Pile the sliced chicken inside the tortillas. Top each with a spoonful of guacamole. Serve warm. The Weber grill recipe makes 4 to 6 servings ..a great one !