Buffalo Steaks with Grilled Mushroom and Garlic Gravy
WEBER GRILL RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 buffalo strip steaks, about 10 ounces each
- 2 portabello mushrooms, about 3 ounces each
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1-1/2 cups brown gravy
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
WEBER GRILL RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. In a small bowl combine the paste ingredients. Rub on both sides of the steaks, cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
2. Rub the mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the lemon-pepper seasoning, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill the mushrooms over direct medium heat (350°F to 450°F), with the lid closed as much as possible, for 8 to 10 minutes, turning as needed. Remove from the grill, cut into small dice, and set aside.
3. Sauté the onion and garlic in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil for 1 to 2 minutes; add the wine and reduce until wine is gone. Add the brown gravy and reserved mushrooms. Stir to blend; simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and season the gravy with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
4. Grill the steaks over direct high heat (450°F to 550°F), with the lid closed as much as possible, for 8 to 12 minutes, turning once....enjoy the weber grill recipe of bufalo steak !
Weber grill recipes: grilled-shrimp-with-mexican-salsa